Baked Guavas Stuffed With Mushrooms & Olives
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
From The Yemenite Cookbook by Zion Levi and Hani Agabria
- 6 guavas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup mushrooms; chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion; chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives; chopped
- 2 tablespoon parsley; chopped
- 4 teaspoon chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
To prepare the guavas for stuffing, cut a thin slice from the top of the guava. With a melon ball scoop or small spoon, remove the seeds and set the guavas aside.
Heat the oil in a skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, green olives, herbs, salt and pepper; saute until vegetables are soft. Remove the mixture from the flame; cool. Stuff the guavas, filling them to the top.
Place stuffed guavas in a baking dish just large enough to hold them and sprinkle sesame seeds over the guava tops. Bake at 325 F. for 1 hour, or until the fruit is tender.