Big Daddy's Fruit Freezer
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
(NC) - Real men eat this yogurt! It's a truly fabulous frozen dessert or snack.
So fast and easy that even your favourite I-hate-to-cook guy will like to make it, and so good that he'll want to make it every day.
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) or 175 g container vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup (250 mL) raspberries, blueberries or strawberries, frozen
- 1/2 very ripe banana, peeled and frozen
- Cut banana (and large strawberries if used) into small pieces.
Mix fruit with yogurt.
Using a food processor or powerful hand blender, quick puree starting with a rapid on/off technique.
Don't puree it too long and dig in before it melts!
Here's what you get from a serving (one recipe) of our Big Daddy's Fruit Freezer based on Health Canada's Recommended Daily Intake (RDI's) for nutrients.
- Nutrient % RDI Nutrient % RDI
- Vitamin C 188 % Vitamin B6 27 %
- Vitamin B12 49 % Magnesium 25 %
- Riboflavin 40 % Zinc 20 %
- Calcium 32 %/353 mg Folacin 19 %
- Phosphorus 27 % Pantothenic Acid 17 %
Serving Size: Makes One Serving
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Energy 373 kcal, Carbohydrate 82 g, Protein 11 g, Fat 3 g