Cowboy Pot Roast
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 3 lb pot roast
- 2 tablespoon margarine; or
- 2 tablespoon canola oil; puritan
- 1/2 each white onion; md, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 oz apricots; dried, 1 pkg
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel; grated
- 1 single salt & pepper; to taste
- 1 single leeks; white only, *
* Blanch the leeks with boiling water and then slice them.
Cut the pot roast into small cubes (about 1-inch in size).
Put a casserole over medium-high heat on the stove top with the margarine or oil and the chopped onions to brown and caramelize.
When the onions are transparent and browned, add the meat to quickly brown.
Add the beef stock, apricots, lemon peel and sugar, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. and add the drained blanched leeks to the pot and adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Bake in the oven for 2 hours or until beef is tender.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings