Bacardi Rum Trifle
Contributed by: News Canada
Are you looking for a special dessert but don't want to spend forever in the kitchen? Whip up Bacardi's version of thisfavourite dessert treat.
- 3 oz pkg. 92 g vanilla pudding
- 2 cups 500 mL milk
- 2/3 cup 150 mL Bacardi White or Gold rum
- 4 1" (2.5 cm) thick slices pound cake
- 1/2 cup 125 mL raspberry jam
- 10 oz pkg. 300 g frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup 125 mL heavy cream
- 2 tbsp 30 mL icing sugar
- kiwi fruit slices for garnish
Cook pudding and milk according to package directions. Stir in 2 tbsp (30 mL) Bacardi rum. Place a cake slice in each of 4 dessert dishes or glasses. Top each with 2 tbsp (30 mL) jam. Reserve 1 tbsp (15 mL) rum. Pour remaining rum over cake slice. Spoon 1/2 cup (125 mL) pudding into each glass. Spoon raspberries over pudding. Chill 1 hour.
To serve, whip cream with icing sugar and reserved 1 tbsp (15 mL) rum. Top each trifle with a spoonful of cream. Garnish with kiwi slices.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings