French Hot Dogs
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 8 each beef (or pork and beef) frankfurters
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 each french bread rolls
- 4 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 env. (1 cup svg. size) dry onion soup mix
- 1 env. (1 cup svg. size) dry tomato soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
Score frankfurters diagonally. Mix marinade ingredients and heat in a skillet, stirring constantly, until it boils. Remove from heat and add frankfurters.
Let stand, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove frankfurters from marinade. Broil or gill 4 inches from heat for 7 to 10 minutes, turning frequently.
While frankfurters cook, stirl flour into marinade and reheat to boiling, stirring until thick.
Serve in French rolls. Spoon marinade over frankfurters and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings