Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 3/4 lb lean ground pork 375g
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger 15 mL
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions 75 mL
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce 75 mL
- 1 cup bean thread noodles, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes 250 mL
- 1 tsp sesame oil 5 mL
- 12 (9-inch / 23 cm) dried rice paper wrappers 12
- 24 large fresh basil leaves 24
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks, as thin as possible
Saute pork and ginger in a skillet until no pink remains. Drain.
Stir in green onions and hoisin. Toss noodles in sesame oil. Soak a rice paper wrapper in hot
water until just softened, about 20-30 seconds.
Lay flat on counter. Place two basil leaves in a row about 1/3 from the bottom of the rice
Top with 1/12 of the pork mixture and 1/12 of the noodles. Cover with a few carrot matchsticks.
Fold bottom of rice paper over filling. Fold in sides, and roll as tightly as possible from bottom to
Place in a single layer in storage container; repeat with remaining wrappers. Cover tightly and
At serving time, slice in half diagonally and serve.
|To Make This Recipe Suitable For A Vegetarian Diet:|
Remove pork from the ingredients.
Add 1 T vegetable oil and 4oz Asian-seasoned baked tofu, cut into thin slices to the ingredients list.
In the directions, "Stir in green onions and hoisin" becomes "Saute Ginger briefly in vegetable oil then stir in green onions and hoisin", "pork mixture" becomes "onion mixture" and "Cover with a few carrot matchsticks" becomes "Cover with a few carrot matchsticks and tofu slices".
Serving Size: Makes 24 servings