Vegetarian Pot Stickers With Dipping Sauce
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup grated daikon
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped shiso leaves
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 6 oz tofu; squeezed to remove moisture
- 3 tablespoon fresh shiitake mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped black olives
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 12 oz pot sticker wrappers
- salad oil for frying
For dipping sauce, combine tomato, daikon, shiso, green onions, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the tamari, the cumin, and chili powder.
In a bowl, combine rice, tofu, mushrooms, basil, olives, chili pepper, sesame oil, and the remaining 2 tablespoons tamari.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Put 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of each wrapper.
Dampen edges with water, fold wrapper in half, and seal edges.
In a non-stick skillet, heat a little oil.
Arrange filled pot stickers in a single layer in the skillet; cook over medium heat until the bottoms of the pot stickers are browned.
Add 1/4 cup water; cover and cook on low heat for 6 minutes, or until water is evaporated.
Repeat until all pot stickers are cooked.
Serve with dipping sauce.
Serving Size: Makes about 24 pot stickers