Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 1/2 cup cubed, cooked ham, trimmed
- 1/4 cup cubed firm fat from cooked ham
- 1 1/2 teaspoon horseradish mustard or other hot mustard
- 2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 big pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 small pinch ground cloves
- 4 drops pepper sherry or bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/8 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 big pinch ground pepper
- 1 big pinch ground ginger
- 1 big pinch ground thyme
Grind the ham and fat fairly fine, either in a food processor or, in two batches, in an electric blender.
if using a processor, add the remaining ingredients at once and process until the mixture is rather like a coarse pate.
If using a blender, scrape the first batch of ground ham into a bowl, add the seasonings, process the rest of the ham, and combine with the mixture in the bowl.
If too coarse, process again in two batches.
Taste for seasoning, then pack into a jar, cover, and refrigerate overnight or longer to let the falvors mingle.
The spread will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size: Makes about 1 1/2 cups