Adding Healthful Variety To Weekly Meal
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - What's for dinner? That's a question you may be happier to answer with some recipes designed to delight on warmer, sunnier days.
The following recipes for Simply Delicious Pasta Primavera and Ranch Chicken Caesar Salad can offer healthful variety to your family's weekday menu. These tasty meals are also fast and easy enough to whip together for a quick picnic or spur-of-the-moment entertaining.
Ranch Chicken Caesar Salad
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- Crispy Baked Ranch Chicken (recipe follows)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- Creamy Ranch Dressing (recipe follows)
Divide lettuce evenly among 4 plates. Slice Crispy Baked Ranch Chicken and arrange over lettuce.
Sprinkle evenly with tomato, cheese and olives. Drizzle with Creamy Ranch Dressing.
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Crispy Baked Ranch Chicken:
Preheat oven to 425 F.
In pie plate, combine 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Ranch Soup Mix with 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs. Brush 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves with 1/4 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods mayonnaise or sour cream, then evenly coat with soup mixture.
In shallow baking pan arrange chicken.
Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Creamy Ranch Dressing
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Ranch Soup Mix
- 1 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods mayonnaise or 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill 30 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes - Chill Time: 30 minutes
Simply Delicious Pasta Primavera
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Vegetable Soup Mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounces linguine or spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce)
In medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat and stir in soup mix and milk. Bring just to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Toss hot linguine with sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Prep Time: 5 minutes - Cook Time: 12 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings