Spinach Salad with Roasted Peanuts and Tangy Honey-Mustard Dressing
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Garnished with peanuts, which contain fibre, folate, magnesium, zinc and vitamin E, this salad makes a healthy snack or a tasty side dish.
- 1/4 cup peanut oil 50 mL
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar 20 mL
- 3/4 tsp light (reduced sodium) soy sauce 4 mL
- 1 tbsp honey mustard 15 mL
- 1/4 tsp dill weed 1 mL
- 6 cups crisp washed spinach leaves, torn up if large 1.5 L
- 1 1/2 apples, quartered, cored and diced 1 1/2
- 1/2 cup dry roasted, unsalted peanuts 125 mL
- 2 tbsp coarsely grated parmesan cheese 25 mL
Combine oil, vinegar, soy sauce, honey mustard and dill weed in jar. Shake well.
Arrange spinach on plates. Top with apples, peanuts and cheese.
Shake dressing, drizzle over salads, and serve.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings