Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
10 Small Changes To Improve Weight Loss
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - When it comes to weight loss, a bunch of small changes add up to big results. "Making small changes one at a time is a great strategy," agrees Dr. Howard Rankin, psychologist and author of Inspired to Lose (Step Wise Press, 2001). "It's not overwhelming, and it results in a slower, more steady weight loss."
Need a few pointers? Weight Watchers lists 10 Small Changes to improve weight loss results:
- Drink at least 8 cups of water a day (Your skin will look great, too!)
- Order half portions at restaurants, or share a full portion with somebody.
- Limit fried foods to once or twice per week.
- Replace ground beef with chicken or turkey.
- Measure your portions until you're sure you know what a cup, a half-cup, and a tablespoon look like.
- Dip your fork in a side of salad dressing before each bite, instead of pouring it directly on your salad. You'll find that you are satisfied with much less than you usually put on.
- Make sure to eat something for breakfast - every morning!
- Read food labels and check serving sizes.
- Add vegetables to everything.
- Plan meals in advance; use that information to make out a complete shopping list.