Braised Tempeh Napoletano
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves; minced
- 1 medium onion; diced
- 2 small zucchini; halved lengthwise and thi
- 1 large green pepper; diced (1/2-in. dice)
- 8 oz tempeh; cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes, peeled; chopped finely, with thei
- 2 tablespoon dry vermouth or dry redor white win; e
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pepper to taste
Heat the olvie oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, then add the garlic and onion, and saute for 2 minutes, tossing frequently. Add the zucchni and toss for 2 more minutes. Add the greenpepper and tempeh, and cook, tossing occasionally for 5 more minutes.
Add the tomaotes, vermouth, and all of the remaining ingredients, and stir well. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook slowly for about 10 minutes, or until the suace is fragrant and thickened. Do not overcook the vegetables; they should still retain a slight crunchiness.
Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 24 hours, then reheat slowly until piping hot.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings