Jasmine Rice With Dried Fruit
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion; chopped
- 2 ribs celery; chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder; madras pref.
- 2 1/2 cup jasmine rice
- 6 1/2 cup chicken stock; boiling
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 2 pieces of dried pear; chopped
- 1/2 dried fig; chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds; toasted
- 2 tablespoon chopped basil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- nutmeg; grated for garnish
This dish should be prepared/set-up completely before turning on the stove.
In a Wok, or large skillet, toast the rice until barely tan. Remove and set aside.
In a large saucepan, heat the butter until just beginning to brown. Stir in the Onion, Celery, and Curry Powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Stir in the Jasmine Rice, cook for 3 minutes longer. Stir well. Stir in the boiling stock and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Stir in the dried cranberries, currants, dried pear, dried fig, sunflower seeds, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
Fluff with a fork and dust with freshly grated nutmeg.
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings