Contributed by: News Canada
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp FRANK'S(tm) RedHot(r) Sauce 45 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 50 mL
- 16 small flour tortillas (6-inch/15 cm) 16
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese 250 mL
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions 125 mL
- Sour cream, optional
Halve avocado; remove pit. Scoop out flesh and place in food processor. Add cream cheese and
RedHot Sauce; process until smooth. Stir in cilantro. Spread rounded tablespoon of avocado
mixture onto each tortilla.
Divide shredded cheese and onions among half of tortillas; top with remaining tortillas,
pressing gently to make a "sandwich".
Place tortillas on greased barbeque grid. Grill over medium heat 5 minutes or until cheese
melts and tortillas are lightly browned, turning once. Cut into triangles.
Serve with sour cream, if desired. - NC
Serving Size: Makes 8 appetizer servings.