Creamy Seafood Pasta Salad
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 12 oz medium shell pasta
- 1 lb mixed seafood(scallops, squid, shrimp, and/or firm white fish fillets) cut into 2 pieces
- 1 1/2 cup diced sweet red peppers
- 1 cup diced sweet green peppers
- 3/4 cup diced red onions
- 3/4 cup thinely sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup 2% yogurt
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill or 1 1/2 tbsp dried
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Cook pasta in boiling water according to package instructions or until firm to the bite.
Rinse with cold water.
Drain and place in serving bowl.
In medium nonstick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray, saute seafood just untill cooked, approximately 3 minutes.
Add red and green peppers, onions, carrots and green onions to pasta.
Make the dressing: In small bowl combine yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, garlic and mustard.
Pour over pasta.
Toss and chill.
Firm fish filets can be used with or instead of mxed seafood.
Be careful not to over cool.
Grilled fish instead of sauteed makes an excellent variation.
Pasta salad and dressing can be prepared early in day.
Do not toss until ready to serve.