California Dreaming Marinated Salad
Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
This colourful salad is quick and easy to make to bring
to a pot luck dinner or to a barbecue.
- 3 California nectarines
- 1/2 lb (250 g) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted ripe olives
- 1/3 cup(75mL) green onion, chopped
- 1-170 mL (6 oz jar) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) tarragon, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) thyme, crumbled
Cut nectarines into thick slices, then cut each slice in half.
Combine nectarines with mushrooms, tomatoes, olives and onion in large salad bowl.
Drain and save marinade from artichokes.
Add artichokes to salad.
Combine reserved marinade with remaining ingredients in jar.
Shake well and pour over salad.
Cover and chill at least 2 hours, tossing once or twice.
Serving Size: Serves 6.