Easter Spiced Bun
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 3 cups (750 ml) Five Roses with Wheat Bran Flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) ground allspice
- 1 cup (250 ml) raisins
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) melted butter
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F). Heat the sugar with the milk until completely dissolved. Let cool.
In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and the raisins. Beat the eggs in another bowl. Add the sweetened milk, melted butter and vanilla.
Combine with the dry ingredients and mix well. Put the dough into a greased 21 cm x 11 cm (8 1/2 in x 4 1/2 in) loaf pan.
Bake for 20 min. Decrease oven temperature to 160 C (325 F) and continue baking for 45 min to 1 hour until the loaf is thoroughly cooked.