Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese; grated
- 2/3 cup romano cheese; grated
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese; shred
- 1/4 lb crawfish tails; cut small pieces
- 1/4 lb crabmeat
- 1 large link boudin (or smoked) sausage; chop small pieces
- 1 lb link italian sausage; cut small pieces
- 28 canneloni shells
- 4 eggs
- 2 jalapeno peppers; chopped
- 1 teaspoon tabasco
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 small cans tomato paste
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion; diced
- 1/4 cup shallots; slice thin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1/8 cup garlic; chopped
- 1/4 cup mushrooms; chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese; grated
- 1/4 lb mozzarella cheese; shreded
Begin 2 hours ahead.
Melt butter, mix with olive oil.
Add peppercorns, onion, garlic.
Saute several miniutes.
Add mushrooms; saute several minutes more.
Add tomato sauce and paste.
Simmer 1 hour or more.
Cook sausages well in pan; add jalapenos and Tabasco.
Add crawfish and saute 5 minutes more.
Add crab; saute a few more minutes.
Blend Romano, Parmesan and mozzarella in mixing bowl with ricotta.
Add sausage, crab, crawfish mixture.
Add eggs; mix thoroughly..
Cook canneloni in rapidly boiling water 7 to 10 minutes or until shells are cooked but firm.
Remove shells from water and stuff with mixture when cool to the touch.
Arrange shells in large greased baking pan.
Cover with sauce.
Slice remaining mozzarella and arrange on top.
Top with grated Parmesan.
Bake 40 minutes at 350 F.
Put under broiler for last 5 minutes to brown cheese topping.
Serving Size: Makes 10 servings