Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 4 each carrots, chopped
- 3 each stalks celery, chopped
- 2 each onions, chopped
- 1 each clove garlic, minced
- 1 each head cabbage, chopped
- 1 each large can tomatoes
- 8 cup water, more if needed
- 1/3 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mixed italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 each potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 each beef bouillon cubes
- 2 each large zucchini, sliced
- 2 can kidney beans, drained
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Melt butter in large soup kettle; saute carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and cabbage, about 20 minutes; stir often.
Add tomatoes, water, rice, seasonings, potatoes, bouillon cubes and zucchini.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer covered, at least 30 minutes.
Add beans and spinach; return to a boil and cook over medium heat until spinach is cooked; add more water if needed.
Garnish with Parmesan.
Serving Size: Makes 9 servings