Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 8 oz rump steak - trimmed
- 12 oz chicken breasts without skin
- 4 oz mange tout
- 8 oz prawns - peeled
- 1 red bell pepper - seeded and sliced
- 4 oz button mushrooms - halved
- 8 oz can bamboo shoots - drained
- 3 pint chicken stock
- 2 teaspoon fresh root ginger - peeled
- 2 oz fine egg noodles - broken up
Yellow Bean Sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon yellow bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 fresh green chilli - seeded and chopped
Slice steak and chicken thinly and arrange on six individual plates.
Top and tail mange tout and arrange on plates with prawns and remaining vegetables.
Put stock into a large saucepan with ginger and simmer for 15 minutes.
Soak egg noodles in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain and put into a serving bowl.
In a bowl combine ingredients for yellow bean sauce, then add 2 tablespoons water and divide between 6 small dishes.
Pour stock into fondue pot, bring back to simmering, place over burner.
Food is cooked in stock using fondue forks and dipped in sauce before eating.
When meat and vegetables have all been eaten, add noodles to fondue pot, heat through, then ladle soup into bowls.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings