Caraway Lamb Hotpot
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 1/2 kg stewing lamb or mutton
- 1 1/2 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 4 tablespoon flour seasoned with salt & pepper
- 3 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 8 potatoes, sliced thickly
- 2 1/2 cup warm beef stock
- 2 teaspoon melted margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed in muslin bag
- 1 slice streaky bacon
Melt margarine or butter, saute meat and onions together.
Alternate layers of meat and onions with sliced potatoes in a casserole dish, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
Brush potatoes with melted margarine or butter and top with chopped bacon.
Place a bag of caraway seeds on top.
Pour over stock.
Cover dish and place in a low to medium oven for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
For the last 20 minutes remove cover to allow potatoes to turn golden and bacon to crisp.
Remove caraway seeds prior to serving.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings