Herb Sourdough Bread
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1/4 cup fructose
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon various fresh herbs
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoon part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon skim milk
- 3 tablespoon commercial light sour cream
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 325 F. Combine fructose, salt, flour, baking powder and herbs in medium mixing bowl. In separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in center of well. Mix until well blended. The dough will be similar to biscuit dough.
On a lightly floured surface, form dough into a 14"x2" loaf. Transfer loaf to baking sheet sprayed with no-stick vegetable coating. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool at least 5 minutes before cutting.
Serving Size: Makes 16 servings
Nutritional Information: Per servings: approximately 100 calories, 15 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fat, 3 milligrams cholesterol, 3 grams protein and 277 milligrams sodium.