Smoked Salmon Canapes
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1/2 (8 oz.) pkg. neufchatel cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 lb jicama, unpeeled
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 oz smoked salmon cut into 36 thin strips
- 3 lime wedges
Combine cheese, lime rind, onion powder & worcestershire sauce in a small mixing bowl; Beat at medium speed of an electric mixture untilsmooth. Set Aside.
Cut jicama into 1/4 in. thick slices; cut slices into 18 (2 inch) sqares. Cut each square in half diagonally to make 36 triangles. Discard remaining jicama. Rub the longest side of each triangle with a lime wedge. Dip side of triangle in pepper. Repeat procedure with remaining triangles. Pipe or spoon about 1 t. cheese mixture onto each triangle.
Top with a salmon strip.
Serving Size: Makes 36 servings