Bush Dreams Pepper Berry Spiced Grilled Red Deer Venison Chop
Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Created by Chef Ted Reader, Cottage Country TV
with input from Olympic Athlete Sue Holloway, Cross-Country Skiing Innsbruck 1976; Silver
& Bronze medalist, Kayaking, Los Angeles, 1984
- 1/4 cup Bush Dreams Pepper Berry Spice Rub or barbecue spice 50 ml
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard 30 ml
- 2 tbsp Fresh rosemary, chopped 30 ml
- 1/4 cup Olive oil 50 ml
- 1/2 cup Lindemans Cabernet Sauvignon 125 ml
- 6 Red Deer Venison Chops, about 6 oz (170 g) each
In a small bowl, whisk together spice rub, garlic, mustard, rosemary, oil and wine. Dip each chop
into marinade and place in a glass baking dish; pour remaining marinade over top of chops. Cover
with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grill chops for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare
doneness. Venison is a very lean red meat; over-cooking will make it dry and tough.
Serve with Caramelized Shallots And Cabernet Wine Sauce.
Serving Size: Serves 6.