Be Mine LolliPops
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 2 1/2 to 3 1/2-inch round or heart-shaped metal cookie cutters
- 8 oz. assorted red, pink, and/or clearhard candies
- 35 to 60 (2 to 3 oz.) assorted small decorative candies (such as red cinnamon candies, small nonpareils, colored candy hearts, spice drops, and gumdrops)
- Edible rose petals or other flower petals
- (optional) Lollipop sticks
Place unwrapped hard candies in a heavy plastic bag, then place bag on top of folded towel and crush candies into small chunks wiht meat mallet or small hammer.
Make only three or four lollipops at one time. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place desired cookie cutters on foil, at least 2 inches apart. Divide crushed candies evenly among cutters, approximately 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons per lollipop. Candy layer should be 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Add small decorative candies or edible rose or other flower petals to crushed candies. (If using flower petals, make sure they are covered with a layer of the crushed candy.)
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 6 to 8 minutes or till candies are completely melted. Cool 30 seconds. Remove cookie cutters with tongs, allowing melted candy to spread slightly.
Quickly attach a stick to base of each lollipop, twisting the stick to cover lollipop end with melted candy. If desired, press more small candies or flower petals into hot lolipops. Cool. Peel foil from
Serving Size: Makes 8