Broccoli and Mushroom Calzone
Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Thinly sliced and full of fresh produce... a really
- 2 tsp 10 mL vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups 375 mL sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup 75 mL chopped red or green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups 500 mL cooked and drained broccoli
- 3/4 cup 175 mL Nordica Cottage Cheese
- 1/3 cup 75 mL grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp 5 mL dried basil
- 1/4 tsp 1 mL pepper
- 1 pkg (283 g) refrigerated pizza crust
In medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, saute mushrooms, peppers and garlic for 3
minutes until lightly browned. Cool.
Reserve 1 tbsp beaten egg.
In bowl, combine remaining egg, broccoli, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper.
Stir in mushroom mixture.
Unroll pizza crust onto lightly greased 15x10" (37.5x25 cm) baking sheet; press out dough
over filling to make oblong shape.
Spoon broccoli mixture down centre of dough. Fold dough over filling, pinching all edges to
Brush with reserved egg. Cut a few slits in top to vent.
Bake at 425F (220C) for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Baking time: 15-20 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings.