Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Tips On Having A Super Pizza Party
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - Pizza and sports are two great American favorites. Put your own pizza together with your friends on game day and you've got a party that really scores.
Want to add your own secret play? food&family magazine's Andrea MacAlpine suggests these simple ideas that win with guests:
- Go for the conversion: By adding a couple of ingredients to a frozen pizza, such as a Digiorno Rising Crust Pizza, you can quickly create a whole new taste experience.
- H Hawaiian-Top a Pepperoni pizza with a handful of canned pineapple chunks and chopped ham.
- H Mediterranean-Top a Four Cheese with a handful of Athenos Feta cheese and sliced olives.
- H Bacon Cheeseburger-Top a Four Cheese pizza with a handful of cooked ground beef and cooked bacon pieces.
- Get the extra point kick: Let your guests add their own personal flavor to their baked pizza with toppings like garlic salt, Parmesan cheese or red pepper.
- Show your team spirit: Match your pizza to your team's colors. Simply take a few teaspoons of grated Parmesan cheese and mix in a couple drops of food coloring. Use cheese to top a cooked pizza-you can sprinkle into a fun sports shape, like a football.
- Dip off: Take a baked Digiorno Cheese Stuffed Crust Supreme pizza and cut it into thin strips for easy dipping. Serve with an assortment of dipping sauces: Kraft Ranch dressing, pesto, alfredo or your favorite spaghetti sauce.
Bring In The Special Teams
- Cheesy Salsa Dip: Heat 1 lb. cubed Velveeta Process Cheese Loaf and 1 jar (16 oz.) salsa in a large, microwavable bowl on High for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring after 3 minutes. Serve hot with Wheat Thins Crackers, tortilla chips and fresh veggies.
- Make-Ahead Hero Sandwiches: Combine a handful each chopped onion, shredded mozzarella cheese and sliced green olives. Toss with enough Kraft Special Collection Balsamic Vinaigrette to coat. Slice a long, crusty loaf in half lengthwise. Squeeze enough Miracle Whip Squeezable Dressing to cover base of cut bread evenly. Layer with a few slices each of thinly sliced Oscar Mayer Deli Meats, such as ham, smoked turkey and salami. Spread onion mixture evenly over top and cover with top half of bread. For an entrŽe serving, a 16-inch loaf of bread yields 4 servings.
- Color coordinate your plates and napkins to match team colors.
- Coin Toss Buffet-Ask your guests to declare their team loyalties before the game coin toss. Fans of the team that wins the toss get to rush the buffet.
- Predict the Play-Invite your guests to guess the outcome (yardage gain/loss) of each play right before it happens. Award a point for each play guessed correctly. The partygoer with the most points at the end of the game wins.
- Keep a couple of foam footballs handy for live "instant replays."