Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Mahi Mahi with Spicy Papaya Salsa
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 2 ea Mahi Mahi, steaks OR Fish, steaks, firm fleshed
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper, white (to taste)
- 2 ts Sauce, plum
- 1 ts Sauce, soy
- 1/4 c Asian pear, chopped - diced
- 1 ts Cilantro
- 1 ts Jalapeno OR 1 ts Serrano
- 1 tb Onion, purple
- 1 tb Juice, lemon
- 1 ts Honey OR 1 ts Sugar
- 1 tb Pepper, red, diced
- Papaya, sliced into a fan shape for garnish
- Kiwi, peeled, sliced into coins for a garnish
Season the fish with a little salt and white pepper. Grill quickly on a non-stick surface. The fish is done when it turns opaque throughout and flakes to a fork.
Mix all of the ingredients together and adjust the flavor with honey, or brown sugar.
Arrange the fan of papaya and the kiwi coins on a plate. Add a piece of the grilled fish, then spoon a serving of the salsa next to the fish.