Chicken Wing Ding
Contributed by: Rose Mack
Hi, My name is Rose Marie and this was a favorite recipe of my 3 children when they were growing up, back in Illinois. They are all grown and have chldren of their own now. I now live in Henderson, Nevada with my husband Ed.
- 2-2 1/2 lbs. chicken pieces (we like thighs and legs)
- 3 Tlbs. butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 peeled and quartered potatoes
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt ( I use much less )
- 1/8 tcp. pepper
In a Dutch oven, brown the chicken pieces in the margarine, Remove chicken. Stir in the ketchup and water into drippings. Add the potatoes, green pepper, and sliced onions; top with salt and pepper.
Cover; simmer 1 hour or until potatoes and chicken are tender; baste occasionally. I usually serve this with fresh baked bread and a salad.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings