Chinese New Year Noodles
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 2 tb Peanut oil
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 3 ea Cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1/4 ts Freshly grated ginger
- 6 ea Chinese dried mushrooms soaked for 2 hours, cut julienne
- 1 c Napa cabbage
- 1/4 c Dried lily buds soaked for one hour (opt)
- 2 oz Dried bean curd skin, soaked for one hour (opt)
- 1/2 c Bamboo shoots, cut julienne
- 2 tb Foo yee
- 1 tb Light soy sauce
- 1/8 ts Sugar
- 2 ts Sesame oil
- 1/2 ts Ground white pepper
- 1 ts Garlic & red chile paste or more to taste
- 4 oz Cellophane noodles (sai fun) soaked for one hour
- 2 c Chicken stock
- Green onions, chopped
Remember the basic rule for chowing: Have everything ready before you light the wok. Soak and prepare the vegetables, mix the sauce, and then go to it.
Heat the wok and add the oil, salt, garlic, and ginger. Chow for a moment and then add the vegetables.
Chow until hot and tender and then add the sauce, the drained noodles, and the chicken stock to the wok. Stir and simmer uncovered until the noodles are clear and tender and have absorbed most of the broth.
Taste for salt and place in a serving bowl. Garnish with green onions & serve.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings