Realime* Teriyaki Scallop Roll-Ups
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Exotic, yet easy to prepare, these delicious appetizers will impress even the most sophisticated guests!
- 12 slices bacon, partially cooked, drained and cut in half crosswise
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Realime* Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/2 lb (250 g) sea scallops, cut in half
- 24 fresh snow peas
- 12 water chestnuts, cut in half
In small bowl, combine Realime*, soy sauce, oil, sugar, garlic and pepper; mix
1 scallop half, 1 snow pea and 1 water chestnut half in each bacon slice;
secure with wooden pick. Place in large shallow dish; pour marinade over.
Cover; marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
oven to 450 F (230 C). Remove roll-ups from marinade; discard marinade. Place
roll-ups on rack in aluminum foil-lined shallow baking pan; bake 6 minutes.
Turn; bake 6 minutes longer or until bacon is crisp. Serve hot. Refrigerate
To rid your hands of garlic odour, wash your hands in cold water and table
salt. Rinse and then wash them again in warm water with hand soap and a splash
Prep time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 2 dozen servings