Realime* Thai Chicken Appetizer Skewers
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Nutty, spicy and citrus-fresh / this great recipe lets you treat your guests to a spectrum of Thai flavours!
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Realime* Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 lb (500 g) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Realime* Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground red pepper
Combine 1/4 cup (50 mL) Realime*, salad dressing and soy sauce in small bowl. Set aside. Rinse chicken;
pat dry. Slice chicken across grain into 3" (8 cm) strips 1/4" to
3/8" (0.5 cm) thick. Thread chicken, accordion-style, onto twelve 6"
(15 cm) metal skewers. Set aside.
For sauce, combine coconut milk,
peanut butter, 3 tbsp (45 mL) Realime*, broth, garlic and red pepper in small
saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened, smooth and
bubbly. Keep warm.
Broil kabobs on unheated rack of
broiler pan 5" (12 cm) from heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once and
brushing often with soy mixture during last
minutes of cooking. Or, grill kabobs on rack of uncovered grill directly over
medium coals 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink,
turning once and brushing often with soy mixture during last 5 minutes of
cooking. Serve sauce with kabobs. Garnish with crushed red peppers if desired.
Use Realemon* to clean and freshen cutting boards!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 12 servings