Apple Bulgur Salad
Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 cup bulgur 250 mL
- 2 cups chicken broth 500 mL
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice 25 mL
- 2 tbsp olive oil 25 mL
- 2 tbsp water 25 mL
- 2 tsp granulated sugar 10 mL
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar 25 mL
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano 1 mL
- 1 red apple, finely chopped 1
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery 125 mL
- 4 cups finely chopped parsley 1 L
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds (for garnish) 50 mL
Bring broth to boil. Put bulgur in a heatproof bowl; cover with broth. Set aside for 15 minutes.
Drain and press out as much water as possible with the back of a spoon.
For dressing: Whisk together lemon juice, oil, wa`er, sugar, vinegar and oregano.
Stir in apple, celery, parsley and dressing into the bulgur. Garnish with sunflower seeds. Serve
immediately or chill in the refrigerator.
|To Make This Recipe Suitable For A Vegetarian Diet:|
Replace Chicken or Beef Broth with Vegetable Stock.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Energy: 202 Calories Protein:6.4 g Fat:8.6 g Carbohydrate:28.0