Contributed by: News Canada
- 3 1/4 cups (800 ml) Five Roses flour with Wheat Bran
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) quick-rise yeast
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (50 ml) orange juice
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk, divided
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) margarine
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (500 ml) Icing sugar shifted
- raisins, chocolate chips or dried fruits.
Set aside 1 cup (250 ml) of the flour. Mix remaining flour, yeast, sugar, orange
zest and salt. Heat juice, 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk and margarine until hot. Stir
hot liquid into dry ingredients. Mix egg and enough flour to make soft dough.
Knead 8 to 10 min. Cover; let rest 10 min. Shape 2/3 dough into 9 balls 2"
(5 cm) for the , snowman body. Shape the rest of the dough into 9 balls 1"
(2.5 cm) for the head.
Place balls on greased cookie sheet, one above the other
so they are touching. Cover; let rise in warm place until almost double in
size, about 45 min. Bake at 375 F (180 C) for 12 to 15 min. or until crust is
golden. Transfer snowman to rack to cool.
Combine icing sugar and the rest of milk until smooth. Garnish snowman with
frosting and raisins, chocolate chips or dried fruits.