Cranberry Strawberry Squares
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) firm butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) strawberry jam
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 pkg (170 g) Ocean Spray Craisins Strawberry Flavour Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups (300 mL) flaked coconut
- 1 cup (250 mL) roasted, salted cashew pieces, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Lightly grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch (3.5 L) baking pan.
Combine flour and icing sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender or a fork,
work butter into dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly. Press onto bottom of
prepared pan. Bake 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and
spread strawberry jam evenly over baked crust.
Meanwhile, beat together eggs, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl; stir in
strawberry flavour sweetened dried cranberries, coconut and nuts. Carefully
spread over jam layer. Bake 35 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool in
pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.
Serving Size: Makes 36 squares