Traveling Cream of Wheat
Contributed by: NAPSA
Give Breakfast A Wake-Up Call This Morning (NAPSA) - At the start of another busy year, it may be time to rethink breakfast. There's no doubt breakfast is an important meal for both kids and adults (it supplies energy to start your day and may help you concentrate so you can be more productive), but often there's not enough time in the morning to sit down and eat at the table.
If you're looking for some food ideas you and your family can take on the run, Kraft Kitchen's Andrea MacAlpine recommends these grab-and-go recipes:
Grab & Go Breakfast Muffins and
Breakfast Munch Mix.
Tips To Get A Head Start
To help start your day with a wholesome breakfast, consider these tips:
- Combine the above recipe ideas with a piece of fruit and a carton of milk or yogurt for a well-rounded meal.
- To make more time in the morning, go to bed 15 minutes earlier and set the alarm 15 minutes earlier than normal.
- For a quick and easy morning snack, grab a Balance bar on your way out the door.
- If you eat on the run, stock up on specially designed containers and plastic eating utensils.
- 1 packet Instant Cream of Wheat Hot Cereal Original Flavor
- 1/2 cup milk
- Raisins or dried cranberries
EMPTY cereal into travel mug or thermos.
HEAT milk in microwave until steaming; stir into cereal.
ADD handful raisins or dried cranberries. Cover and don't forget to take a spoon. Makes one serving.
Nutritional Information: 270 calories, 2.5g fat, 56g carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 8g protein.