Breakfast Munch Mix
Contributed by: NAPSA
Give Breakfast A Wake-Up Call This Morning (NAPSA) - At the start of another busy year, it may be time to rethink breakfast. There's no doubt breakfast is an important meal for both kids and adults (it supplies energy to start your day and may help you concentrate so you can be more productive), but often there's not enough time in the morning to sit down and eat at the table.
If you're looking for some food ideas you and your family can take on the run, Kraft Kitchen's Andrea MacAlpine recommends these grab-and-go recipes:
Grab & Go Breakfast Muffins and Traveling Cream of Wheat.
Tips To Get A Head Start
To help start your day with a wholesome breakfast, consider these tips:
- Combine the above recipe ideas with a piece of fruit and a carton of milk or yogurt for a well-rounded meal.
- To make more time in the morning, go to bed 15 minutes earlier and set the alarm 15 minutes earlier than normal.
- For a quick and easy morning snack, grab a Balance bar on your way out the door.
- If you eat on the run, stock up on specially designed containers and plastic eating utensils.
- 2 cups POST Spoon Size Shredded Wheat
- 1 cup dried pineapple
- 1 cup (combined total) toasted almonds and shredded coconut
Mix together in a large, resealable plastic bag or container. Keeps for 1 week.
Try your favorite POST cereal in place of Shredded Wheat
Nutritional Information: Per 1/2 cup serving: 180 calories, 7g fat, 29g carbohydrate, 4g dietary fiber, 4g protein.