Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Eat Healthy During the Holiday Celebrations
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - Are you anxious about maintaining a healthy diet during the upcoming holiday festivities? The Cancer Research Foundation of America (CRFA) offers a few healthy eating tips for all those special occasions. A well-balanced diet and exercise can reduce your risk of cancer and other health problems!
- Choose leaner cuts of meat and trim the extra fat. Generally, the white meat on turkey is leaner than dark meat. Take the skin off before you eat.
- Substitute cranberries, raisins or apricots for half of the meat for your stuffing.
- Reduce fat in your gravy by making it from low-fat broth rather than meat drippings. Pour the fat off the drippings if you choose to use them for your gravy.
- Help yourself to two or three servings of steamed or baked vegetables, and avoid heavy sauces or butter. Use spices to enhance the flavor. Add a salad as a side dish.
- Serve yourself a smaller portion of dessert, and choose those lower in fat.
- Choose mulled wine or cider in place of eggnog.