Baked Brie with Curried California Walnuts
Contributed by: News Canada
Baked Brie with Curried California Walnuts (NC) - The rich, nutty flavour of California Walnuts complements the velvety texture of the Brie. Serve with crackers, crisp apples wedges and grapes.
- 1 tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- 1 tbsp butter 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp curry powder 2 mL
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper 75 mL
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion 30 mL
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped California Walnuts 375 mL
- 2 round Brie cheese (125 g each) 2
- Salt and pepper
In large saucepan, heat oil, butter and curry powder over medium heat. Add red
pepper and green onion and sauté 2 to 3 minutes; stir in walnuts, cook 1 minute.
Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Place Brie in
ovenproof serving dish. Divide walnut mixture evenly and place on top of
rounds. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese just
starts to melt.
Serving Size: Makes 2 rounds