California Walnut and Apple Herb Stuffing
Contributed by: News Canada
California Walnut and Apple Herb Stuffing (NC) - You’ll
love the aroma that fills the kitchen when you stuff the turkey with this
delicious combination of apples, crunchy walnuts and savory fresh herbs.
- 1/3 cup butter 75 mL
- 3 medium onions, chopped 3
- 3 celery stalks, chopped 3
- 12 cups dry bread cubes 3 L
- 2 large tart apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped California Walnuts 375 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley 125 mL
- 1/4 cup each: finely chopped fresh sage, rosemary and thyme 50 mL
- 3/4 to 1 1/2 cups chicken stock 175 to 375 mL
- Salt and pepper
In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery; cook 5
minutes or until soft.
In large bowl, mix together bread cubes, onion mixture,
apples, walnuts and herbs. Pour in enough chicken stock to just moisten bread.
Season with salt and pepper. Loosely fill turkey cavity.
Serving Size: Makes enough to stuff 12 to 15 lb (5 to 7 kg) turkey