Party Planner Shares Hottest Entertaining Trends
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - The holidays bring family and friends together to enjoy good company, good conversation and great food and drinks. While the tradition of entertaining during the holidays hasn't changed, that doesn't mean that how you entertain during the holidays must remain traditional.
Renowned party planner David Tutera suggests tapping into the hottest holiday entertaining trends to ensure everyone enjoys a holiday worth remembering.
Add a splash of contemporary to the traditional
Holiday entertaining often seems like the same old thing. To ensure that family and friends return home for the holidays again next year, Tutera suggests a new twist on an old favorite. This year's holiday parties, he says, will veer away from the standard red-and-green combination and focus on showcasing one color family.
Tutera adds that an all-white theme should extend into the foods and beverages served as well. He suggests a Belvedere Yuletide Martini for a white holiday party, or a Belvedere Golden Martini for an all gold or copper party.
You can make the Belvedere Yuletide Martini by mixing 2 oz. Belvedere Vodka, 3/4 oz. Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur and 3/4 oz. milk. Shake well. Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
To make the Belvedere Golden Martini, shake 11/2 oz. Belvedere Vodka, 1 oz. Grand Marnier with ice. Strain into a martini glass. Top with 2 oz. of Mo‘t & Chandon champagne. Garnish with a twist of orange.
Cap off the evening with a dessert party
The holidays are often a very hectic time as fami,ies try to find time to trim the tree, visit Santa, hang the stockings and entertain. Tutera notes that this holiday's savvy entertainers will focus on throwing dessert parties, which leave plenty of time for guests to attend cocktail parties and sit-down dinners earlier in the evening without feeling rushed.
Food and beverage pairings at a dessert party are crucial to its success. Tutera suggests serving berries marinated in Belvedere Vodka and chocolates paired with chilled shots of Belvedere Vodka.
Give your guests a gift
Tutera reminds us that holiday guests typically expect a small gift from their host. Instead of the traditional ornament or candy, this year give your guests something unexpected, versatile and functional-Belvedere Polish Luxury Vodka. Whether your guests will enjoy it themselves, or in turn make festive holidai martinis for their guests, this is a gift that will not go unused.
Holiday entertaining tips
The holiday season is meant to be enjoyed with family and friends. To keep things merry and bright, Tutera offers the following entertaining tips:
- Plan your holiday party for a weekday evening or Sunday-There are only a few weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Make it easy for your guests to attend your party by planning it for a day and time that they can more easily accommodate.
- Alert your guests well in advance-To ensure your guests can make it to your party, be sure to send out invitations well in advance so they can mark their calendars.
- Consider a tree-trimming or tree-taking-down party-These pre- and post-holiday parties offer freedom from the stress of having the house perfectly decorated and provide a change from the more traditional and formal holiday parties.
- Delegate-If a guest asks what they can bring to your party, let them bring something. Delegating will help ensure that you get to enjoy the party just as much as your guests.
- Add plenty of visuals-Be sure to incorporate some of the many opportunities for dramatic visuals the holidays offer-from candles to monochromatic color to tree decorations.
- Offer a bounty of delicious foods and beverages-The hallmark of the holidays is the sharing of delicious foods and beverages; make them memorable both in appearance and flavor.
- Music-Live or recorded, holiday music is essential for creating a festive mood.