Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - The bright, green slaw resonates with the fresh sunny flavours of beaches and casual meals-the lime is a vivid complement to the smoky grilled pork.
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded unpeeled Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber, squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded peeled carrot
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) lime juice
Salt and pepper
In medium bowl, combine cucumber, carrot and onion.
In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lime rind and juice; add salt and pepper to taste.
Just before serving, spoon dressing over cucumber mixture and toss well to coat.
Serve with Grilled Pork Cubano Sandwiches
Serving Size: Makes 1 3/4 cups (425 mL)