Grilled Pork Cubano Sandwiches
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - The bright, green slaw resonates with the fresh sunny flavours of beaches and casual meals-the lime is a vivid complement to the smoky grilled pork.
- 1 whole pork tenderloin (about 12 oz/375 g)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground cumin, coriander and chili powder
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Tomato, cored and sliced
- Cucumber Slaw
- 4 crusty rolls, split and lightly toasted
Place pork in shallow glass dish. Combine lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, coriander and chili powder, pour over pork, turning to coat all surfaces. Cover and
refrigerate for 2 hours or for up to 24 hours.
Preheat barbecue, baste pork and place on grill. Close lid, cook over medium-high heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until just a hint of pink remains inside, turning
occasionally and basting with marinade halfway through. Let cool then cut into thin slices.
For each sandwich, layer tomato slices, pork slices and Cucumber Slaw on bottom of toasted roll; replace top.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings