Fresh Alternatives For Lunch On The Go
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSI) - Eating on the go does not have to mean making poor food choices. Healthy single-serve food items and the latest in lunchbox designs make it easier than ever for busy people in a hurry.
Here are some suggestions on shaping up your snack choices:
- Single serving packages of applesauce, yogurt, pudding and dressing can liven up any packed
- Convenient compact sizes of healthy snacks such as baby carrots are also available in
supermarkets and can help supply the 5 A Day servings of fruits and vegetables on the go.
- When plain produce alone won't do, pack along a single serving size of a dressing, sauce or
dip to satisfy your taste buds. Kids especially love the cool, creamy taste of ranch dressing to jazz
up the taste of the veggie sticks or greens you've included in their lunch.
For example, Hidden Valley Ranch has joined in on the lunchtime fun with new single serving
cups of their original dressing. These individual 2.5 oz. cups make a great take-along dip for
vegetables or a tasty topper for salads.
- In the old brown bag days you had to chill your entire meal or unpack half the items and hunt
them down again at lunchtime. Fortunately, many of the latest lunch kits combine polyurethane
protection with compartments that can store a variety of foods. Cold foods can be kept cold,
while other products stay temperate in the same container.
- Just place a frozen pack in its designated compartment to keep foods chilled. Add veggies,
crackers and ranch dressing to the other side. These kits can be tucked away in your desk drawer,
tossed in the trunk or buried in a bookbag.
While improved food packaging and new lunch kit designs make it easier to take along a
healthy, fresh lunch or snack, you still have to plan ahead.
Shop for a variety of lunch kits online,
at department stores or outdoor outfitters. Vacuum-packed convenient size packaging is safe,
shelf-stable and fresh tasting. Keeping an ample stock on hand can make lunchtime planning a breeze.