Braces-Safe Halloween Parfait
Contributed by: NAPSA
Youngsters who wear braces are smiling, thanks to Halloween treats that will be kind to their braces.
See also Make Halloween Spook-ta-cular With Braces-Safe Tips.
- 3 boxes instant vanilla pudding (enough to make 12 one-half cup servings)
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 3/4 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1 9-ounce package plain chocolate wafers
- 6 cups milk
- Chocolate syrup to taste
- 1 8-ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained
Combine pudding mix and milk in large bowl as directed on the package. Refrigerate until firm. Crush chocolate wafers into crumbs, using a food processor, or put the wafers into a zip-lock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Combine red and yellow food coloring in a small bowl. Stir into pudding thoroughly, until pudding is orange. Layer pudding with two layers of chocolate crumbs in a parfait cup or glass. Top each layer of crumbs with chocolate syrup to taste before adding the next puddi.g layer. Top each parfait with mandarin oranges and additional chocolate wafer crumbs.
Serving Size: Makes eight 8-ounce servings