Bean and Roasted Garlic Dip
Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 whole head garlic
- 1 small cooking onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided 50 mL
- 1 cup cooked white kidney beans (rinse and drain well if using canned beans) 250 mL
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice 15 mL
- 8 sprigs fresh parsley, stems removed
- salt and pepper
- Dress with: Lemon slices
- Serve with: A selection of breads
Slice off and discard top of garlic head to expose all cloves within. Peel onion and cut into 4 or 5
thick slices. Brush garlic and onion liberally with olive oil and wrap loosely in foil. Place
well-sealed package on baking sheet and roast in 350 F (180 C) oven 45 minutes. Open foil
package and set aside until garlic is cool enough to handle.
Combine remaining olive oil, beans, lemon juice and parsley in food processor or blender.
Squeeze roasted garlic from each clove and add to bean mixture. Add roasted onion slices;
process until very smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation time: 10 minutes - Roasting time: 45 minutes
- Dip may be covered and held a few hours at room temperature, or refrigerated up to 3 days.
Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Look for convenient flash-frozen cooked kidney beans and other legumes in your grocer's
Serving Size: Makes approximately 1 cup (250 mL)