Yam Wun Sen
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
(Hot and Sour Vermicelli Salad)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped.
- 6 to 8 tbsp.chicken stock, plus extra if necesary
- 3 tbsp lemon juic
- 2 tbsp. thai Fish Sauce.
- 2 oz. minced pork
- 8 medium sized prawns
- 2 fresh red chillies,pounded.
- 1-2 tsp. sugar.
- 6 to 8 dry mushroms
- 3 shallots, sliced finely.
- 1 whole spring onion, chopped.
- 5 ozs. of transparent vermicelli /glass noodles
- 1 sprig coriander leaves, chopped coarsely.
- lettuce and parsley to garnish
Line a serving dish with lettuce and parsley. Cover and refrigerate.
Fry garlic till golden grown, drain and set aside. Shell and devein prawns, cut each into half
lengthwise, giving you 16 pieces. Soak mushrooms in water to soften, squeeze out water remove
hard stem and slice into strips. Soak vermicelli in water for 20 minutes to soften.
In a pan heat stock, lemon juice and fish sauce, bring to boil.
Add pork and stir briskly till pork turns opaque, about 30 seconds, add prawns and cook till
prawns turn opaque, add mushrooms and noodles, bring to boil.Turn off heat.leave to cool.When
cool, mix in pounded chilli, sliced shallots, and spring onions and fried chopped garlic.
Chill in refrigerator till time to serve.
Arrange on lettuce and parsley lined platter,sprinkle garlic oil and chopped coriander leaves
over noodles and serve cold.