White Peach and Chicken Walnut Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
California Tree Fruit Lunch (NC) - Salads are always a popular lunch dish, especially in brasseries, those casual restaurants where, instead of several courses, one main dish can be ordered. Some of the brasseries stick to the classics, but others create innovative salads like this one. White peaches, which are especially mild and sweet, combine well with the chicken and walnuts.
- 3 cooked chicken breast halves, skins removed
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 tablespoons currants
- 12 walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese,
- cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons walnut oil or substitute extra-virgin olive oil
Julienne the chicken breasts.
Divide the greens evenly among 4 individual salad plates.
Add to each plate one-fourth of the currants, chicken, peach slices, and cheese, tucking them
in among the salad greens.
Sprinkle with the walnuts.
Mix the vinegar and oil together and drizzle over each salad plate.
Serving Size: Serves 4