The Scoop On Ice Scream
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - It's true - we really do scream for ice cream. Here's a few interesting facts about our favourite summertime snack, courtesy of Hamilton Beach, makers of an automatic ice cream and frozen yogurt maker:
- Vanilla is the most popular flavour.
- On average, Canadians each consume 8.8 litres a year.
- One out of every five people share ice cream with their pet.
- Dill pickle ice cream was once marketed to expectant mothers.
- In 1988, Alberta made Guinness Book of World Record history by creating the biggest ice cream sundae - it weighed nearly 55,000 pounds.